Thursday, July 25, 2013

Escape From the Beach

 "Luna Sea Fish House, Yachats, Oregon"
11 x 14 inches, oil on canvas
$300

After my Seal Rock Sunday debacle, I was ready to press the proverbial Reset button Monday morning. I loved my last cityscape outing, and Yachats is such a sweet little town. Painting there was just what I needed. That, and clam chowder for breakfast.

When I pulled into the parking lot of Luna Sea Fish House, I instantly saw a painting. Such great, vibrant colors on the shopfronts. Such lovely morning light.


 I managed to finish up and vacate their lot in advance of the lunch crowd, and while wandering around I saw this:


 "La de da." City motto? Love.

Just around the corner, I set up my easel on Ocean View Drive. I let a teeny bit of the Pacific sneak back into my painting, but kept it firmly in the background, enjoying the neon signs that flickered in the Underground Bar's windows.

"Ocean View Drive, Yachats, Oregon"
12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Then I headed back to the valley. 20 miles inland, it was already broiling hot, and only got more so as I approached home.

No comments: